- Bureaucrats suspended a little boy for taking bites out of a pop tart in such a way that it was shaped like a gun.
- Bureaucrats suspended a 7-year boy for pretending to throw a non-existent grenade on the playground.
- Bureaucrats suspended a 6-year old boy in Maryland for making a gun shape with his finger.
- Bureaucrats busted a 5-year old girl in Pennsylvania for having a pink plastic gun that shoots bubbles.
- A teacher in Rhode Island caught an 8-year old boy with some plastic toy army men.
- Bureaucrats evacuated a school because an 11-year old boy made a motion detector for his science experiment.
- Bureaucrats in Florida kicked an 8-year old boy out of school for a year because he had a plastic gun in his backpack.
- A dual award in Virginia, with half the prize for the bureaucrats who suspended a 10-year old boy for a toy gun and half the prize for the cops who then arrested the kid.
- A third-grader got in trouble for having toy army men on his birthday cupcakes.
- Two second-graders got suspended for holding pencils like they were guns.
- Bureaucrats suspended a kindergartener for having a lego-sized toy gun.
- Bureaucrats wanted a deaf child to change his sign-language name because it required him to shape his fingers in a way that resembled a gun.
As criminally stupid and malicious as these examples are, they don’t answer the question of how things came to be this way. How did we end up in a nation where reactionary lunatics were in charge of running our “public” schools?
The answer is that our schools were captured by the left, a process that started with the subversion of our teacher’s colleges to leftist dogma, and was completed with the capture of teacher’s unions by adherents of this same malignant ideology.
The only way to free ourselves of this is to home school, and preferably for home-schoolers to network and establish informal schools for groups of students that operate in direct competition to government schools.
The tools to do this already exist: http://homeschool.meetup.com